We continue to tell you about the big winter update of Worksection.
We have some great news! Now, you can enhance the capabilities of Worksection by creating your own integrations. And, most importantly, we’ve made this process as easy as possible!
To ensure the connection between your service and ours, we have improved the API and implemented an OAuth2 authorization method. This authorization mechanism is fast and secure, allowing you to perform actions and receive data on behalf of a specific user, taking into account their permissions and access levels.
To exchange data between services, we implemented Webhooks. Read about this update separately.
OAuth2 and a simple example of what it is
OAuth is like a pass. Instead of having to enter your password every time on a different site, you use that pass from another service. This is convenient because it allows other services to access your data without requiring you to share your password.
For example, when you log in to your favorite online store through your Google account, it immediately retrieves your email, username, etc.
Now you can add the ability to authorize through Worksection, not only on your website but also in your store or web service.
Read more about how to create and customize your own integration in our FAQ section.
Why OAuth2 is right for you
If you have your own product and want to develop its integration with Worksection, you need to go through a series of steps:
- Create your application in Worksection.
- Send the user to the OAuth page.
- The user will confirm that he/she providing access to his/her own data, and you will receive authorization data.
- Use them to exchange data with our API!
Who will benefit from it:
- Product or service companies can benefit from direct integration with Worksection for their customers and users.
- Teams with their own software solutions can connect integration with Worksection within the organization and implement additional features.
If you don’t have the ability to set up the integration yourself, we have an additional option. Now you can use a useful integration with Zapier that we have created with the help of updated tools. You can learn more about how to connect Worksection to Zapier in our article.
Stay tuned for our next updates.
The Worksection team
Glory to Ukraine and its defenders!